Home Travel Grants
FEBS YTF Awards
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (including costs of event meals, and shared accommodation in a twin room) and possibly a contribution towards travel expenses, up to a maximum of 800 EUR per person. The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers, and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria (also shown below).
Please note that Czech students are not eligible for YTF. Read bellow for support offered by CSSB.
Application and notification of outcome:
Please check the Applications section of the website. In the platform's registration system, (i) include proof of your society membership in the file you upload with supporting documents, and (ii) answer yes to the question asking about interest in applying for a FEBS YTF award.
Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified within one week after the course deadline and receive a FEBS Treasury YTF form, to be returned to the FEBS Treasury for approval approximately 8 weeks before the event's start date.
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
CSSB grant for Czech participants
Applicants from Czech Republic may apply for financial support provided by Czech Society for Structural Biology (CSSB) to cover the registration fee. Please, specify your intent to apply for this grant in the registration form and desribe your motivation for application in your letter. Eligible participants will be identified by the selection committee and will be asked to submit their application to the president of CSSB. Participation of two students/postdocs will be supported by CSSB.